Please do not remove usefull work
My dear friend Atravers,
This page "Atribuirea" meaning "Assignment" is part of the Description of a Mini DSL (domain small language) we have used to teach computer science in Romania,for beginners.
Because the course is inactive from this year, there is no activity on the page. Put please do not remove the content related to a well made Haskell project, even if the language implemented is a sort of little C with national keywords, and do not ressamble to Haskell.
It is really very unpleasant to see that your work in a community is removed, would you like to contribute in such conditions ?
Thank you very much, Lect. Dan Popa aka "Ha$kell", promoter of Haskell in Romania.
- I simply merged "Atribuirea" with "Rodin/FAQ", which made the separate page redundant, hence the redirection - why did I do this?
- 1. https://wiki.haskell.org/Special:WhatLinksHere/Atribuirea shows no other HsWiki pages referring to Atribuirea";
- 2. https://wiki.haskell.org/index.php?title=Atribuirea&action=history shows the last change was made on 05:49, 11 February 2011: over 10 years ago.
- From my side of the Internet, it just looked like an abandoned page...
- —Atravers Thu Apr 22 23:18:43 UTC 2021
Thank You, Atravers!
Thanks (I assume you're referring to what I've rewritten, rather than what I've wrote myself ;-). Considering just how much content is here, I didn't think I was making that much of a difference.
I do have a question: has anyone [else] expressed an interest in using CommonMark here?
- I frequently type out CM formatting at first, only to then replace it with what the HsWiki uses now;
- Of course, if MediaWiki is already switching to CM, then the question is academic...
— Atravers 12:37 15 March 2021 (UTC)
- (Note: Above reply from Atravers seems to have an incorrect timestamp) — s/b 15 March 2021 (UTC)
- I don't recall anyone expressing an interest in using CommonMark. However, we haven't really solicited suggestions, so this isn't much indication of interest level.
- At the moment, you might want to use Pandoc on your own computer to convert your CommonMark to MediaWiki and then paste it into wiki pages. Perhaps we can even set up a converter app on our server to do this. — HowardBGolden (talk) 18:02, 15 March 2021 (UTC)
- (Time corrected, again - problem with client, not HsWiki server >_< )
- Heh - I must be one of the few still doing this "directly" (no intervening tools like Pandoc) - I was just curious, considering CM has been around for (at least) 6 years.
- Since no-one else has asked for it, I'll just leave it to MediaWiki to decide when/if CM support is added :-)
- — Atravers 20:40 15 March 2021 (UTC)
Hmm...I see you've added a historical-purposes-only note to 'Hawiki migration' - was moving 'Nondeterminism' an error? — Atravers 16:55 17 March 2021 (UTC)
- It's not an error to move 'Nondeterminism'. However, putting your comment on the 'Hawiki migration' page:
- 14:28, 9 March 2021 Atravers (-74) . . (NonDeterminism transferred to "Nondeterminism, monadically")
- is unnecessary, since the 'Hawiki migration' page otherwise concerns only the major migration done in 2006. —HowardBGolden (talk) 18:16, 17 March 2021 (UTC)