m (→Direct Downloads: case)
Revision as of 20:17, 2 July 2007
- GHC : Special note for Cygwin users - http://www.haskell.org/ghc/docs/latest/html/building/platforms.html
- GUI : WxHaskell (new release in progress, goal < 2007-01). Note, see also WxHaskell Install
- GUI : Gtk2Hs - A binding of GTK in Haskell. Note this requires installing GTK on windows.
- Win32 - low levelish bindings to Windows API. Comes with ghc and non-minimal hugs distribution. Win32 darcs repo
- HDBC-ODBC under Windows for database access.
4 Special tips and tricks for Windows
- darcs : http://wiki.darcs.net/index.html/WindowsConfiguration (although darcs send seems to be broken for now [2006-08-30])
- Make sure your Haskell compiler (e.g. GHC) and tools are on your system path: http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000549.htm
- GHCi: Using GHCi from a DOS box sucks. Using it from withing shell mode in Emacs sucks a lot less - do 'M-x shell' in emacs, then type 'ghci'.
- GHCi on cygwin: When running GHC under a Cygwin shell on Windows, Ctrl-C sometimes doesn't work. A workaround is to use the rlwrap program to invoke ghci : In addition to proper Ctrl-C, you also get emacs (or vi) key bindings and command history across sessions, which saves you a load of typing.
5 Direct downloads
Alex 2.0.1 (website) ; Cpphs 1.2 (website) ; Darcs 1.0.7 (website) ; Drift Sep 2006 (website) ; GHC 6.4.2 (website) ; Haddock 0.7 (website) ; Hat July 2006 (website) ; Happy 1.13 (website) ; Hoogle June 2006 (website) ; HsColour 1.3 (website) ; Lambda Shell 0.3 (website) ; WinHugs May 2006 (website) ;