Difference between revisions of "BayHac2017"
|Line 29:||Line 29:|
BayHac 2017 is organized by Dan Burton with the assistance of Haskellers like you! Dinner Friday, as well as breakfast and lunch on both Saturday and Sunday,
BayHac 2017 is organized by Dan Burton with the assistance of Haskellers like you! Dinner Friday, as well as breakfast and lunch on both Saturday and Sunday, provided free of charge, thanks to our generous sponsors.
== Projects ==
== Projects ==
Revision as of 22:10, 7 April 2017
San Francisco Bay Area & Silicon Valley Haskell Hackathon
Come join a group of Haskell hackers to enjoy a weekend of learning, sharing, and hacking on a variety of projects. Bring your laptop! All skill levels are welcome.
|When:||Friday, April 7th – Sunday, April 9th, 2017|
|Where:||Takt office: 35 Stillman St, San Francisco|
|Registration:||BayHac 2017 registration form|
|News and Discussion:||BayHac Google Group|
BayHac 2017 is organized by Dan Burton with the assistance of Haskellers like you! Dinner Friday, as well as breakfast and lunch on both Saturday and Sunday, are provided free of charge, thanks to our generous sponsors. Vegetarian options are available for all meals.
- /Cabal dependency solver: The dependency solver for the cabal build tool
- /Clash: Functional hardware description language
- /CodeWorld: Educational computer programming environment using Haskell
- /dynobud: Your dynamic optimization buddy
- /Juno: Byzantine Fault Tolerant Raft With Smart Contracts
- /Karya: Music sequencer
- /snowdrift.coop: Crowdmatching for public goods
- /tensorflow: Haskell bindings for TensorFlow (machine intelligence lib)
- /Unison: Distributed purely functional programming platform
- /MongoDB: MongoDB driver for Haskell
- 06:00pm BayHac opens for the day; pizza & beer
- 07:00pm [Upper room] Greg Horn: Haskell for Flight Control at Kittyhawk (50m)
- 08:00pm [Upper room] Tikhon Jelvis: Haskell for Supply Chain Optimization at Target (50m)
- 09:00pm BayHac closes for the day
- 09:30am BayHac opens for the day; pastries, fruit, and coffee
- 10:00am [Upper room] Julie Moronuki: Introduction to Monoids (50m)
- 10:00am [Lower room] John Leo: Dependent Types in GHC (50m)
- 11:00am [Upper room] Gabriel Gonzalez: How to create a new Haskell project (20m)
- 11:30am [Upper room] (tentative) Lightning talks
- 12:00pm Lunch: assorted sandwiches
- 01:00pm [Upper room] John Wiegley: Putting lenses to work (50m)
- 02:00pm [Upper room] Michael Litchard: Next Step Haskell (80m)
- 02:00pm [Lower room] Dimitri DeFigueiredo: Functional Reactive Bitcoin Trading (80m)
- 03:30pm [Upper room] Chris Smith: CodeWorld - Teaching Haskell to Children (50m)
- 03:30pm [Lower room] Judah Jacobson: Haskell Bindings for TensorFlow (50m)
- 05:00pm BayHac closes for the day
- 09:30am BayHac opens for the day; pastries, fruit, and coffee.
- 10:00am [Upper room] James Bowen: Type Level APIs with Servant (50m)
- 10:00am [Lower room] Adelbert Chang: All About Applicative (50m)
- 11:00am [Upper room] Doug Beardsley: Real World UIs with Reflex (50m)
- 12:00am Lunch: assorted sandwiches
- 01:00pm [Upper room] Luite Stegeman: Something GHCJS (50m)
- 02:00pm [Upper room] Greg Hale: Full-stack typesafe Haskell (50m)
- 02:00pm [Lower room] Sandy Maguire: Don't Eff It Up: Free Monads in Action (50m)
- 03:00pm [Upper room] Rúnar Bjarnason: Adjunctions in Everyday Life (50m)
- 04:00pm BayHac closes for the day
Sponsors and donations
BayHac is free to attend. We rely on the generous donations of individuals and sponsoring companies to supply the location, equipment, and food. To donate, please contact Dan Burton (danburton.email AT gmail DOT com).
Is this a scam to steal my intellectual property?
BayHac is not that kind of hackathon; there is no competitive coding element here. It is only a "hackathon" in the sense that a group of Haskellers will gather to hack on various projects.
See our /Intellectual_Property_Policy
What will BayHac be like?
We will strive to fulfill the /hopes of our attendees.
See also: past years of BayHac.