IRC channel/Phase 2
Revision as of 22:54, 1 February 2009
Managing traffic in #haskell
It is now not uncommon to hear or see newbie questions go unanswered.
We want to reduce non-newbie question related traffic, so that we again achieve maximum newbie friendliness.
- Create a 'deep' channel for in-depth hard topics
- this channel shall be a subet of #haskell users (old hands mostly, and theory heads)
- those people should also say in #haskell to answer questions
- Deep / hard topics should move into this channel ,to make way for newbie traffic in #haskell
- lambdabot and other noisy services will be monitored and have non-newbie related content reduced.
We monitor success by how much we reduce traffic, without reducing newbies
We must also be careful to ensure there's a clear path for new users into the -advanced chan.