3 Learning Haskell
Haskell is a modern, general-purpose, pure functional programming language that combines many powerful results from research into a practical programming language. Its features include:
- Static typing, which increases robustness by allowing the compiler to catch many common errors automatically.
- Type inference, which deduces types automatically and frees the programmer from writing superfluous type signatures.
Haskell comes with many libraries, freely available compilers for almost any computer, debuggers, profilers, code coverage and testing tools.
- BOB 2015
- What happens, if you don't choose the standard solution but the best one?
- January 23, 2015, Berlin, Germany
- Dutch Functional Programming day (NL-FP 2015)
- January 9, 2015, University of Twente, The Netherlands
- 6th Utrecht Summerschool on Applied Functional Programming
- July 7-18, 2014, Utrecht, The Netherlands
- June 20, 2014, Halle, Germany
- ZuriHac 2014
- June 6-8, 2014, Zurich, Switzerland
- Budapest Hackathon 2014
- May 31 - June 1, 2014, Budapest, Hungary
- Hac NYC
- April 4-6, 2014, New York City, US
- Functional Programming eXchange 2014
- March 14, 2014, London, UK
- Well-Typed's introductory and advanced Haskell courses
- February 10-11 (Introductory) and February 12-13 (Advanced), 2014, London, UK
- Videos of the Haskell Workshop 2007 talks and discussion are now available again (on a different host to previously). They are in QuickTime (H264 video, AAC audio) format, at 320x240 pixels, low frame rate (but still about 120Mb per half-hour talk).
- Haskell.org is a mentoring organisation in the 2007 Google Summer of Code. 9 students have been funded by Google to work on infrastructure projects for Haskell.
- The Haskell-prime committee has started work on defining the next minor revision of the language specification.
Recent Package Updates
- The Ro/Haskell group and EduSoft are anouncing a special price (8 RON - somewhere between 2-3 euros in local currency) for "Introducere in Haskell 98 prin exemple" by Dan Popa (eng. Introduction in Haskell 98 by examples) 230pp, 24 cm. Tip: You have to answer the question:"What is the name of the romanian Haskell group or it's URL?" Recommanded for readers from Romania and Rep.Moldova. Limited stock. See the [ro] page for details or send an e-mail to : email@example.com Price valid untill 21 of december or the end of the stock.