Haskell is a modern, general-purpose, pure functional programming language that combines many powerful results from research into a practical programming language. Its features include:
- Static typing, which increases robustness by allowing the compiler to catch many common errors automatically.
- '''Type inference''', which deduces types automatically and frees the programmer from writing superfluous type signatures.
Haskell comes with many libraries, freely available compilers for almost any computer, debuggers, profilers, code coverage and testing tools.
- 28th ACM SIGPLAN International Conference on Functional Programming (ICFP)
- 2023-09-04 – 2023-09-09, Seattle, WA, USA
- Theoretical Aspects of Software Engineering (TASE 2023)
- 2023-07-04 – 2023-07-06, Bristol, UK
- 10th International Conference on Algebra and Coalgebra in Computer Science (CALCO 2023)
- 2023-06-19 – 2023-06-21, Bloomington, Indiana (USA) and online; co-located with MFPS XXXIX
- Eelco Visser Commemorative Symposium
- 2023-04-05, Delft, The Netherlands
- 2023-03-17, Berlin, Germany
- The 6th International Conference on Emerging Data and Industry (EDI40)
- 2023-03-15 – 2023-03-17, Leuven, Belgium
- FOSDEM Haskell Devroom
- 2023-02-04 – 2023-02-05, Brussels
- Certified Programs and Proofs (CPP) 2023 (co-located with POPL 2023)
- 2023-01-16 – 2023-01-17, Boston, MA, USA
- 50th ACM SIGPLAN Symposium on Principles of Programming Languages (POPL 2023)
- 2023-01-15 – 2023-01-21, Boston, MA, USA
- 24th International Symposium on Trends in Functional Programming (TFP 2023)
- 2023-01-13 – 2023-01-15, Boston, MA, USA
- Trends in Functional Programming in Education (TFPIE)
- 2023-01-12, Boston, MA, USA
- 30th Netherlands Functional Programming Day
- 2023-01-06, Eindhoven, The Netherlands
- Workshop on Programming Languages and Analysis for Security (PLAS 2022)
- 2022-12-12, Virtual
- Haskell eXchange
- 2022-12-07 – 2022-12-09, London UK
- Software Language Engineering (SLE) 2022
- 2022-12-05 – 2022-12-10, Auckland, New Zealand
- Haskell Symposium 2022
- 2022-09-15 – 2022-09-16, Ljubljana, Slovenia
- Videos of the Haskell Workshop 2007 talks and discussion are now available again (on a different host to previously). They are in QuickTime (H264 video, AAC audio) format, at 320x240 pixels, low frame rate (but still about 120Mb per half-hour talk).
- Haskell.org is a mentoring organisation in the 2007 Google Summer of Code. 9 students have been funded by Google to work on infrastructure projects for Haskell.
- The Haskell-prime committee has started work on defining the next minor revision of the language specification.
Recent Package Updates
- The Ro/Haskell group and EduSoft are anouncing a special price (8 RON - somewhere between 2-3 euros in local currency) for "Introducere in Haskell 98 prin exemple" by Dan Popa (eng. Introduction in Haskell 98 by examples) 230pp, 24 cm. Tip: You have to answer the question:"What is the name of the romanian Haskell group or it's URL?" Recommanded for readers from Romania and Rep.Moldova. Limited stock. See the [ro] page for details or send an e-mail to : email@example.com Price valid untill 21 of december or the end of the stock.